Outputs (general list)
- Araújo, A. L. A. Ilhas de excelência no meio do caos: O inédito e o viável nos resultados de escolas brasileiras do Instituto Federal de Educação Ciência e Tecnologia, em avaliação local e global ⌈Islands of excellence in the middle of chaos: The unprecedented and the viable in the results of Brazilian schools of the Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology, in a local and global assessment⌉ (PhD thesis ongoing).
- Araújo, A. L., & Borges, L. (2019, July). Uma história de sucesso? Portugal e o Pisa (2000-2015) ⌈A sucess story? Portugal and the PISA (2000-2015)⌋. Paper presented at the 9th CeiED’s Researchers Meeting, Research in Education: Plural Views in Co-Creation of Cognitive Justice, Lusófona University, Lisboa, 5 July. Abstract available here
- Borges, L. A construção do PISA em Portugal. Processos e práticas ⌈The construction of PISA in Portugal. Processes and practices⌋ (PhD thesis ongoing).
- Estrela, E., Lopo, T. T., & Teodoro, A. (2019, June). O movimento da evidence-based education policy e as políticas curriculares em Portugal ⌈The evidence-based education policy movement and the curricular policies in Portugal⌉. Paper presented at the II International Seminar CAFTe – Curriculum, Assessment, Training and Educational Technologies, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Porto, Porto, 13-14 June. Abstract available here
- Galego, C., Canário, S., & Teodoro, A. (2019, September). PISA and literacy concept: Analyse of the centrality of literacy as the main operative concept in student assessment. Paper presented at the ECER 2019 Conference, Education in an Era of Risk – the Role of Educational Research for the Future, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, 3-6 September. Abstract available here
- Lopo, T.T. (2019, June). Os estudos de avaliação comparada sobre a educação cívica e a sua influência na decisão sobre políticas educativas ⌈The comparative assessment studies on civic education and their influence in decision-making on educational policies⌉. Paper presented at the International Congress Humanism, Human Rights and Global Citizenship, Lusófona University, Lisboa, 30-31 May and 1 June.
- Lopo, T. T. (2019). Os estudos de avaliação comparada sobre a educação cívica e a sua influência na decisão sobre políticas educativas ⌈The comparative assessment studies on civic education and their influence in decision-making on educational policies⌉ ⌈PowerPoint slides⌋.
- Lopo, T. T. (2019, August). PISA nos media. Parte 1 (tiragens e audiências médias de jornais) e Parte 2 (recolha e análise de peças jornalísticas – jornal Público). Relatório [PISA in the media. Part 1 (runs and average audiences of newspapers) and Part 2 (collection and analysis newspaper articles – Público newspaper). Report]. Available here
- Lopo, T. T., & Rosa, V. (2019). O Pisa e a industrialização da educação ⌈The Pisa programme and the industrialization of education⌉. Institut of Sociology, University of Porto, Plataforma Barómetro Social ⌈Plataform Social Barometer⌉. Available here
- Neto, J. L. H. (2019). Regulação na educação básica brasileira ⌈Regulation in Brazilian basic education⌉ ⌈slides PowerPoint⌋.
- Rosa, V. (2019). Database – Some indicators of PISA (2000-2015), by countries. Available here
- Rosa, V., Maia, J. S., & Mascarenhas, D. (2019, September). O contributo dos inquéritos internacionais na área da educação (PISA, TIMSS e PIRLS) para a formação dos docentes ⌈The contribution of international education surveys (PISA, TIMSS and PIRLS) to teacher education⌉. Paper presented at the International Congress Teacher Professionality, Lusófona University, Lisboa, 23-24 September.
- Teodoro, A. (2019). The end of isolationism: examining the OECD influence in Portuguese education policies, 1955–1974. Paedagogica Historica. doi
This article examines the OECD’s role in the construction of education policies in Portugal after the Second World War up to the Carnation Revolution (1974). For a large part of the twentieth century (1926–1974), Portugal lived under a nationalist dictatorship, with elements that were on a par with the European fascism. After analysing the genesis of the OECD (OEEC, as originally established), this article describes how participating in the Mediterranean Regional Programme, designed and conducted by the OECD/OEEC between 1960 and 1968, was important to integrate Portugal in the western sphere of influence, and enabled the creation of the basis for an education policy which would represent the most important source of mandate and legitimacy for the developmentalist positions and proposals arising from the technocratic sectors of the regime which, increasingly, gained influence in the economic departments and in the offices of education planning and labour force training in the 1960s and early 1970s.
- Teodoro, A. (2019, May). A success story? A research project about Portugal and the PISA (2000-2015). Paper presented at the XVII World Congress of Comparative Education, Riviera Maya, Cancun, 21-24 May.
- Teodoro, V. D. (2019, june). PISA means 2000-2015. All countries. Report. Available here