- Estrela, E. (2012). From prescribed to narrative curriculum – An attempt to understand educational change in Portugal. In H. Cuadra-Montiel (Ed.), Globalization Education and Management Agendas (pp. 109-150). London: IntechOpen.
- Estrela, E. (2018). The knowledge of policies: The personal dimension in curriculum policies in Portugal. British Journal of Educational Studies. doi: 10.1080/00071005.2018.1444730
- Estrela, E. (2019). The two faces of the same coin: National and individual refraction in curriculum policies in Portugal. In G. McCulloch, I. Goodson, & M. G. Delgado (Eds.), Transnational Perspectives on Curriculum History. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Takayama, K. (2018). How to mess with PISA: Learning from Japanese kokugo curriculum experts. Curriculum Inquiry, 48(2), 220-237.
- Teodoro, A. & Estrela, E. (2010). Curriculum policy in Portugal (1995-2007): Global agendas and regional and national reconfigurations. Journal of Curriculum Studies, 42, 5, 621-647.